As a small business owner, you juggle an endless parade of tasks and responsibilities. It can be hard to stay on top of everything when capacity is limited. How can you work smarter? Artificial intelligence (AI) powered virtual assistants show promise to enhance small business productivity.
AI assistants use natural language processing to interpret spoken or written instructions. While not as capable as a human assistant, they can be directed to carry out basic tasks like:
- Scheduling appointments by integrating with your calendar app and emailing clients to confirm
- Making calls by accessing a connected VoIP phone system and conveying pre-written scripts
- Drafting emails by having the AI compose common responses which you can review and send
- Gathering market research based on parameters you provide and delivering reports
- Posting to social media by giving the AI pre-approved content and post instructions
- Transcribing meeting recordings and notes by having the AI listen and convert speech to text
- Setting reminders and notifications by integrating with your task management app
- Answering common questions by teaching the AI your preferred responses
The key is the human small business owner provides the overall direction, materials, and oversight to guide the AI assistant. It won’t function independently without explicit configuration. But even with these limitations, AI assistants can automate rote tasks to boost productivity.
Let me know if you have any other questions! I’m happy to clarify how AI assistants can best help small business owners like you.
- Claude 2.1: Expanding Creativity Through AI Assistance - December 6, 2023
- EMBRACING YOUR INNER VOICE: A PATH TO AWAKENING - November 30, 2023
- AI assistants for Small Business: Be aware of ethical risks - November 28, 2023